Working together we can save! With an uncertain future as to the cost of energy, more and more people are concerned about their utility bills. Wiregrass Electric’s website is a starting point to get you on the way toward better energy management for your home. Your Cooperative has always placed a priority on promoting energy efficiency to our members, and so we offer these materials to help you control costs and peak demand for electricity.
The Building Blocks of Energy Efficiency
WEC has a four-step plan to help you change the way your home uses energy. One of our professional energy auditors will come to your house, free of charge, to perform an inspection. After that inspection, the auditor will present you with a plan for improving the efficiency of your home. If you need help to pay for those changes, WEC has a program in place to finance the project, and we even have a vetted list of contractors who can perform the upgrades.
Click here to learn more.
If you have your account number you can perform an analysis of your bills for the past year.
Assists you in finding out how much energy specific appliances in your home use.
Allows you to compare the monthly and annual savings to be gained by using Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs).
This extensive library will provide you with tons of information about how energy is used in your home.
External Resource Links
- Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency
- Dept. of Energy’s Energy Efficient Home website
- Dept. of Energy’s Energy Savers website
- Still Placing Ducts in the Attic? Consider Burying Them
- Designing Forced-Air HVAC Systems
- Ventilating Your Home
- Guide to Durable Attics
- Guide to Energy Efficient Windows
- Guide to Home Heating & Cooling
- Guide to Home Insulation
- Guide to Home Landscaping
- Guide to Kitchen Appliances
- Alliance to Save Energy’s Living Efficiently