Wiregrass Electric has joined a movement within our industry to actively promote energy-efficiency measures that help our members use less energy. While there is value in practicing no-cost and low-cost measures, the more extensive energy efficiency improvements obviously make a bigger impact on your power bill.
Heating and cooling can account for as much as half of the energy used in your home. Upgrading to a high-efficiency air-source, dual-fuel or mini-split heat pump is an excellent way to lower your heating and cooling costs.
It’s important to note that when it comes to SEER – the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio – of your home’s heating and cooling system, the higher the number, the more efficient it runs. Replacing your heating and cooling unit with a more energy-efficient model (a higher SEER rating) can have a significant impact on your monthly power bill.
While an investment may be required in the short term to purchase a more energy-conscious heating and cooling system to reduce your energy consumption, lower energy bills will pay dividends over the long term.
WEC offers a Heat Pump Rebate Program, which includes rebates of $400 per ton to members who upgrade their heat pumps to a more energy-efficient model. The program is our way of rewarding your efforts to be more energy efficient. Why not upgrade today and start enjoying savings?
Approved Energy Efficiency Improvements
Funds will be rebated for the following energy efficiency heating and cooling equipment:
Air Source Heat Pumps
- 14 SEER — $400/Ton (Only applicable to manufactured home; replacing electric furnace)
- Information on Air Source Heat Pumps
Dual Fuel Heat Pump/Mini Split Heat Pump
- 15 SEER — $300/Ton
- 16 SEER — $350/Ton
- Information on Dual Fuel Heat Pumps
- Information on Mini-Split Heat Pumps
How to Qualify:
A rebate is available to a WEC qualifying residential member who:
- Has a Manual J load calculation completed by a HVAC contractor;
- Owns or rents the dwelling which receives electric service from the participating member.
- Rebates are not available to members who have Electric Tankless Water Heaters.