Wiregrass Electric has joined a movement within our industry to actively promote energy-efficiency measures that help our members use less energy. While there is value in practicing no-cost and low-cost measures, the more extensive energy efficiency improvements obviously make a bigger impact on your power bill.
Heating and cooling can account for as much as half of the energy used in your home. Upgrading to a high-efficiency air-source, dual-fuel or geothermal heat pump is an excellent way to lower your heating and cooling costs.
It’s important to note that when it comes to SEER – the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio – of your home’s heating and cooling system, the higher the number, the more efficient it runs. Replacing your heating and cooling unit with a more energy-efficient model (a higher SEER rating) can have a significant impact on your monthly power bill.
While an investment may be required in the short term to purchase a more energy-conscious heating and cooling system to reduce your energy consumption, lower energy bills will pay dividends over the long term.
WEC offers a Heat Pump Rebate Program, which includes rebates of up to $600 per ton to members who upgrade their heat pumps to a more energy-efficient model. The program is our way of rewarding your efforts to be more energy efficient. Why not upgrade today and start enjoying savings?
Approved Energy Efficiency Improvements
Funds will be rebated for the following energy efficiency heating and cooling equipment:
Air Source Heat Pumps
- 13 SEER — $100/Ton (Only applicable to manufactured home; replacing electric furnace)
- 15 SEER — $150/Ton
- 16 SEER or Greater — $200/Ton
- Information on Air Source Heat Pumps
Dual Fuel Heat Pumps
- 13 SEER (Manufactured Homes Only) — $250/Ton
- 15 SEER — $300/Ton
- 16 SEER — $350/Ton
- Information on Dual Fuel Heat Pumps
- 17.1 EER or Greater — $600/Ton
- Information on Geothermal
How to Qualify:
A rebate is available to a WEC qualifying residential member who:
- Has a Manual J load calculation completed by a HVAC contractor;
- Owns or rents the dwelling which receives electric service from the participating member.
- All units must be installed by one of WEC Certified Contractors. (see listing below)
- Rebates are not available to members who have Electric Tankless Water Heaters.
The list of certified contractors to perform work for members qualifying for the Energy Efficiency Loan Program are:
BOB WOODALL & BOB WOODALL’S AIR CARE SYSTEMS
- 234 Ross Clark Circle, Dothan, 36303
BYNUM’S HEATING & COOLING
- 314 W Magnolia Ave, Geneva, AL 36340
- (334) 684-0268
HAGLER HEATING & COOLING
- 153 St. James Place, Ozark, AL 36360
- (334) 726-7078
CLAY’S HEATING & COOLING
- P.O. Box 9374, Dothan, AL 36304
- (334) 223-4480
COLBY CONSTRUCTION CO., INC.
- 1003 Sious St., Dothan, 36303
- (334) 648-4135
COSBY’S HEATING & COOLING
- P.O. Box 893, Dothan, 36302
- (334) 792-6774
GLASS DOCTOR OF DOTHAN
- 539 N. Oats St. Dothan, AL 36303
- (334) 794-0729
HALL CONTRACTING & CONSTRUCTION
- 5217 Pine Ridge Dr., Chipley, FL 32428
- (334) 773-8376
HASTY HEATING & COOLING
- 1050 Main St., Chipley, FL 32428
- 200 Cowarts Rd, Dothan, 36303
J & S HAMMER CONSTRUCTION
- P.O. Box 309, Cowarts, 36321
JACKSON GAS & ELECTRIC SERVICE
- 206 First Ave., Dothan, AL
- (334)792-3023 · Toll Free: 1-800-239-3206
JIMMY’S HEATING & COOLING, INC.
- P.O. Box 2231, Dothan, 36302
RICK WESTON CONTRACTING
- 1202 S. County Road 61, Hartford, 36344
ROBBINS ELECTRIC HEATING & COOLING
- 15736 Pure Road, Opp, 36467
SHAW A/C & REFRIGERATION
33 E. Main St. Samson, AL 36477
SNELLGROVE & GAYLOR HEATING & COOLING
3790 Hwy 84 West, Daleville, AL 36322
SOUTHERN INSULATION SERVICES
1640 E. Park Avenue, Enterprise, AL 36330
(334) 714-2230 or (334) 790-2231
- 511 S. Hwy. 71, Wewahitchka, FL 32465
- 329 S Alice St., Dothan, 36301
TRIAD RESTORATION, INC.
- 10196 W. U.S. Hwy. 84, Newton, 36352
WAGNER AIR CONDITIONING SERVICES
- 3310 Hartford Hwy., Dothan, AL 36305
- (334) 678-8894
- 726 Stanley Ave., Andalusia Al 36420
- (334) 222-2481
WINDOW WORLD OF DOTHAN
- 506 Westgate Prkwy., Dothan, Al 36303
- (334) 794-6369
WOODALL HEATING & COOLING
- P.O. Box 311373, Enterprise, 36331
- 334-347-1243 or 800-478-0722
If you are a contractor and would like to know more about becoming a “certified contractor,” click here for the contactor packet with information and application.
For more information about this program, contact Jessie Ingram at WEC’s Energy Services Department at 334-944-7411 or email [email protected].