Wiregrass Electric Cooperative (WEC) actively promotes low-cost and no-cost energy-efficiency measures that help our members use less energy. While putting those tips into practice will certainly make a difference, there are more extensive improvements that will make a bigger impact on your power bill.
You can take the next step toward whole-house energy efficiency by taking advantage of WEC’s Energy Efficiency Loan Program. Because these improvements are more costly than everyday efficiency measures, they are often overlooked when you seek to lower energy bills.
By installing energy-efficient heating and cooling systems, water heaters, windows, doors, and insulation — with the assistance of low-interest financing through an agreement with Regions Bank — you can improve your home’s energy efficiency and lower your energy bill.
Financing is available to qualified members who want to make a true investment in their home’s overall efficiency in the following ways:
- Heating and cooling can account for as much as half of the energy used in your home. Replacing your heating and cooling unit with a more energy-efficient model can have a significant impact on energy costs.
- Installing an energy-efficient heat pump water heater is an excellent way to lower your heating and cooling costs while also improving your water-heating efficiency.
- Upgrading your home’s insulation, doors and windows will also make your home more comfortable and your energy bills lower.
- Reducing your energy consumption and in turn, your energy bill — could require an investment in the short term that will pay dividends over the long term.
It’s an easy three-step process:
- Step 1 Energy Audit — Sign up for a free home energy audit. For absolutely no charge, WEC’s professional Energy Services Department will come to your home and perform a series of tests designed to find exactly where your home is wasting energy. Our team will then provide you with a customized plan for ways to save you money on your power bill.
- Step 2 Certified Contractor — Call one of our certified contractors to make improvements to your home. WEC will provide you with a list of certified contractors who know how to make the improvements recommended by our Energy Services Department. These are trusted local companies with a reputation for doing quality work.
- Step 3 Loan Program — Most improvements can be made with little to no cost. For the more significant modifications, take advantage of our new Energy Efficient Loan Program. We now offer access to low-interest loans to pay for making home improvements. You will be billed by Regions Bank through a loan program made possible by WEC and PowerSouth.
The process begins with an energy audit to target efficiency opportunities and decide what upgrades you need to make. After a simple loan process (by calling Regions Bank at 1-888-INA-SNAP) is complete, you’ll hire a contractor to do the work. Then you’ll make monthly payments to Regions Bank. It’s that simple.