Does your child like to draw? If so, encourage them to enter Wiregrass Electric Cooperative (WEC)’s annual Christmas Card Art Contest! Any student in kindergarten through fifth grade is eligible to apply, and they might see their work on the cover of Alabama Living. The overall first-place winner will receive 30 printed cards featuring their artwork to mail to their family and friends, as well as a $50 gift certificate to Michaels craft supply store.
The first-place design will also be featured on the 2021 WEC Christmas card and the cover of the December issue of Alabama Living (with credit given to the student). Second- and third-place winners will receive a $25 gift card to Michaels craft supply store. In addition, one winner from each school will receive a $10 gift card. All students entering the contest will receive a gift.
To enter, please fill out the Entry Form (PDF) and return it, along with the artwork, to:
WEC Christmas Card Contest
509 N State Highway 167
Hartford, AL 36344
Or, you may turn it in at any office. Please do not fold the artwork.
The deadline for entries is October 1. The winner will be announced by November 12.
- This contest is open to students living in the Wiregrass area.
- Only students in kindergarten through fifth grade are eligible to participate.
- Artwork must be approximately 8.5 inches by 11 inches in size — do not fold artwork. Vertical drawings are preferred.
- Artwork should be of a Christmas theme and include Wiregrass Electric Cooperative.
- Artwork must be an original creation of the child. Artwork should be in color (markers, crayons, paint, etc.).
- This entry form or a reasonable facsimile signed by parent or guardian must be enclosed with artwork.
- Deadline to turn in the artwork is October 1. Only one entry per child.