The positions up for consideration in 2020 are District 3, District 6, and District 9. District maps are available at any Wiregrass Electric Cooperative (WEC) office or online at Board of Trustees page.
The Board of Trustees of Wiregrass Electric Cooperative directs the business and affairs of the company by setting policies and providing guidance and direction to management.
Any person interested in running for a position on the Board of Trustees must complete and submit a petition and a questionnaire (available from WEC) no later than Monday, Aug. 17, 2020, at 5 p.m.
Such petition must be filed with the CEO of the Cooperative at the main office of the Cooperative at Hartford, Alabama, at least sixty (60) days prior to the Annual Meeting at which the election for such Trustees is to be held, in order for such person nominated therein to be eligible for election as such Trustee, if otherwise qualified.
The WEC Bylaws Specify the Qualifications for Trustee candidates
- Must be a member and resident of the district represented.
- Cannot be employed by or financially interested in a competing enterprise or business selling supplies to the Cooperative.
- Cannot hold an elected public office with which a salary or compensation in excess of $100 annual salary is paid.
- Cannot be an employee of Wiregrass Electric Cooperative.
- Cannot have a close relative employed by the Cooperative or serving on the Board at the time of election.
- Cannot have been convicted of a felony offense.
For more information, visit our Board Meetings page.