Reasons to Apply
Are you a high school junior considering applying for Wiregrass Electric Cooperative’s (WEC'S) 2021 Youth Tour? Here are five reasons you should!
- Familiarize yourself with the government. State Sen. Donnie Chesteen and state Reps. Paul Lee and Jeff Sorrells will educate students about the legislative process and key issues facing Alabamians.
- Find out what makes cooperatives different. Electric cooperatives are nonprofit organizations with business models that are different than those of most companies. Learn how that has shaped American history and how it benefits communities today.
- Forge leadership skills. Experience team-building exercises and glean key lessons from several speakers throughout the day.
- Form new friendships. Meet fellow juniors from several schools across the WEC service territory.
- Fund your education. All delegates earn a $1,500 scholarship!
To apply, visit our Youth Tour page, download the application and return it by March 1! Applications are also available at local high schools and WEC offices.