The positions up for consideration in the 2021 board elections are District 2, District 5, and District 8. District maps are available at any Wiregrass Electric Cooperative (WEC) office or online on our Bylaws page.
The Board of Trustees of WEC directs the business and affairs of the company by setting policies and providing guidance and direction to management.
Any person interested in running for a position on the Board of Trustees must complete and submit a petition and a questionnaire — available from WEC — no later than Monday, August 30, 2021, at 5 pm. Such petition must be filed with the CEO of the Cooperative at the main office of the Cooperative at Hartford, Alabama, at least 60 days prior to the Annual Meeting at which the election for such Trustees is to be held, in order for such person nominated therein to be eligible for election as such Trustee, if otherwise qualified.
The WEC bylaws specify the qualifications for Trustee candidates. These include:
- Must be a member and resident of the district represented.
- Cannot be employed by or financially interested in a competing enterprise or business selling supplies to the Cooperative.
- Cannot hold an elected public office with which a salary or compensation in excess of $100 annual salary is paid.
- Cannot be an employee of WEC.
- Cannot have a close relative employed by the Cooperative or serving on the Board at the time of election.
- Cannot have been convicted of a felony offense.